My goals for (a part of) 2017
I had a colleague rant about the fact that new year’s resolutions are stupid, which they are. Resolutions are stupid, because they are just… resolutions. In most cases they are not even S.M.A.R.T. Most people don’t even stick to them most of the time. So why bother?
Instead of new year’s resolutions, I would like to approach them as goals. That way I am supposed to define them SMART 😉 Since goals could (and should) be set during the entire year, I can only think of a few that I really want to get done during the upcoming months. So this is the master-plan for the upcoming 3-6 months:
- Less than 12% bodyfat by the start of spring (and keep it that way until after the summer).
That’s an easy one… Get off my lazy ass.
- Get the new webshop in the air during the first quarter of this year.
Almost just as easy, but a lot of arranging to be done.
- Post at least one blogpost every week.
That’s gonna be a hard one. Since work can be very busy. Hopefully I can get this pulled off. Also needed for some other (future, under-the-radar) goals as well.
- Do at least two public talks. One for each half of the year.
This is not too hard, but getting a seminar setup can be hard work.
- Get a “for sale”-sign up before the start of the summer.
Fairly easy. Just need to call some real estate guys. But before the “for sale”-sign can go up we need to do some things:
– Paint the hallway (after removing the wallpaper)
– Paint the red wall in a neutral color
– Lay a new floor in the kitchen
– Fix the bathroom ceiling
– … and probably some more fixes
And then we are still not sure when it’s gonna sell 🙂
Apart from these “public” goals, I also have some goals under the radar. Let’s see if we can pull those off as well. Wish me luck 🙂